DC Universe Classics - Series 8 Announcement

So far, Mattel has released 4 sets of their DC Universe Classics action figures. We know which characters are coming out for series 5-7 in the next few months. If you don't, here's a DCUC checklist for you. Well now there is more good news for DCUC collectors out there. Mattel has just announced which characters will be in their wave 8 set which is suppose to hit stores in the Spring of 2009. There are 7 figures to this set, two of which have variants and of course they all come with a "Collect and Connect" piece. Here's a look at the DCUC series 8 line up. All of the following pictures are from Mattycollector.com:

Hawkgirl



Gentleman Ghost



Mr. Terrific

Commander Steel

Vigilante

Parademon (Red & Yellow Variants)

Dr. Fate (Modern & Classic Variants)

And your collect and connect figure is.......Standing at 10 inches tall....GIGANTA

A pretty cool set if you ask me. Can't wait.

In other news

My DC Universe Classics series 4 set has finally arrived at my doorstep. With series 2 and 3, I did one massive post for each set. We'll, for series 4, I've decided that Im going to focus on one figure per post. I haven't cracked them open yet but I have to say that Ares looks like he's gonna be the best of the lot. Wonder Woman does not look too bad either. Look for the first review in a day or two.